From full-fledged strategy to fine-tuning messaging frameworks, we leverage in-depth B2B knowledge to clarify complexity, capture imaginations, and shift mindsets.
What We Offer
Science Communication & Design
Communicating science clearly so non-technical people can understand helps to make informed decisions. Whether it’s a permit application, an environmental assessment, or an operational concern that you need to communicate with community members or government officials, we take complex information easily understandable for non-scientists.
- We simplify complex science through simple language, graphics, and video
- We explain environmental management plans to build trust to generate acceptance
- We help organizations explain the science supporting permit applications
- We work with organizations to improve the population’s beliefs about their science
Strategic Communication & Public Relations
We garner coverage in top-tier business and consumer outlets, strategic trade media, and though leadership coverage.
Our Media Results
- Brand recognition
- A larger share of voice among competitors in media
- Greater traction for company news
Sometimes it’s not what you know, it’s who you know. We leverage our extensive network of contacts to generate high profile coverage of our clients across a broad range of trade and business press, including:
- Business Press: Top outlets such as Bloomberg, Business News Network, CNBC Businessweek, Globe and Mail, National Post, Forbes, Fortune, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal
- Natural Resource Blogs & Trade Press: Leading agri-food media
- Vertical Press: Major publications in manufacturing, retail, marketing and advertising, HR, professional services, education, electronics, financial services, government, telecommunications, healthcare, and accounting
- Broadcast Media: Television and radio programs including CBC National, Global TV, CTV, Good Morning America, CNBC, CNN, with local and national radio stations
Successful campaigns promote thought leadership – a key ingredient in natural resources PR. Our clients are recognized as leaders and influencers in the Natural Resource sector. We help our clients achieve greater visibility, inspire meaningful conversations, increase lead generation and build trust with investors and customers.
Thought Leadership Tactics
- White Papers: We work to capture your brand voice, communicate your most important messages and distinguish you from competitors.
- Contributed Bylines: Our network of contacts includes editors at some of the most prominent business publications and news sites. We’ve helped our clients secure placements in leading business outlets like the Western Producer, Country Guide, Food Canada, Modern Farmer, and International Food Processer
- Speaking Engagements and Panel Discussions: A good thought leadership strategy delivers the right messages to the right audiences. We secure thought leaders’ face time at key industry events all over the country and around the world. We’ll create a calendar highlighting the best speaking opportunities for you throughout the year.
Digital Media Outreach
- Email Newsletters: We help convert your brand’s email newsletter into a shareable resource that delivers value to both leads and customers.
- Social Media: We monitor social media sites for industry-related conversations that could use your expert insight, allowing you to engage with users.
Media & Speaker Training
Our media training and speaker training services range from basic pre-interview prep to full-scale, in-person workshops centered around your team’s needs. The assistance we can provide includes:
- Key messages: We help you define your company’s most important messages, simplifying even the most complex concepts into simple, coherent, and understandable points. Your final messages will be authoritative, well-supported, and distinct from your competitors.
- Interview preparation: Before interviews and meetings, we prepare Q&A documents that provide recommended answers to questions you are likely to receive and talking points, and the necessary background on your interviewer.
- Customized Training: We provide training on introductory public relations skills that prove invaluable in mastering new spokesperson responsibilities, covering everything from news value to different types of interviews and stories. For more seasoned, savvy executives, we hone and polish presentation delivery skills vital to effective communication including body language, tone, and speaking in soundbites.
- Interview Preparation: Our mock interview sessions simulate various types of interviews, TV segments, and press conferences you’re likely to encounter as a spokesperson. We then provide you with feedback that allows you to improve your performance.
- Materials Assistance: We can assist with creating presentations and speech writing. Our staff of writers and graphic designers are highly skilled at ensuring we meet your communication objectives and brand guidelines with compelling materials that will resonate with your target audiences.
We can help minimize and eliminate reputational damage through proactive crisis communications that preserves the trust of customers, employees, partners, and other key stakeholder groups.
Our Approach to Crisis Response
Companies need to be in a position to respond quickly and effectively to a crisis situation:
Pre-crisis, we meet with your executive team to perform a risk assessment, which will be used to create an issues communication plan.
During a crisis, our team will be by your side, offering expert counsel, from issuing a communication to stakeholder groups, briefing spokespeople, and monitoring media and social media activity.
Post-crisis, we will perform a comprehensive assessment of your company’s reputation.